Cardiac ablation corrects abnormal heartbeats (arrhythmias) problems. The procedure involves catheters passed through a vein in the groin and threaded to your heart.
Cardiac ablation destroys those heart tissues that lead to abnormal heartbeat. It can also work by preventing abnormal electrical signals pass through your heart.
It can be done through – open heart surgery or minimally invasive surgery using catheters.
When is cardiac ablation required?
- If you have abnormal heartbeat (arrhythmia) that fails to response to medications
- If you are at high risk of serious heart disease due to arrhythmias
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
Risks of Cardiac Ablation
- Heart attack
- Puncture of heart
- Damage to blood vessels at the site of surgery
- Damage to heart valves
- Risk of worsening arrhythmia that may require a pacemaker to treat
- Blood clotting in lungs or legs
- Kidney damage due to dye
Cost of Cardiac Ablation
The cost of RadioFrequency Catheter Ablation Treatment in India is approximately US$3000.