Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
MBBS, MS, MCh
Chairman- Cancer Care
Director and Chief Consultant- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket and Patparganj and Max Institute of Cancer Care, Lajpat Nagar
Department- Surgical Oncology
Procedures Expertised : Mastectomy (removal of both breasts and lymph nodes), Thyroidectomy (removal of all or part of thyroid gland), Lumpectomy (breast-conserving surgery), Bowel resection (removal of all or part of small intestine), Stereotactic surgery, Radiofrequency ablation, stem cell transplantation, Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
- Surgery of all kinds of cancers and tumors relating to head and neck, breast, abdomen, oral and uro-cancer.
Introduction of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
Dr. Harit Chaturvedi is a famous surgical oncologist in India with an experience of over 30 years. He is best known as the leader of the Oncology team at Max Hospitals with 80 experienced and qualified oncologists who practice in 7 super speciality centres and other hospitals in Delhi and NCR regions. He has had the opportunity to work with well-known cancer institutes in India. His skills and expertise are highly appreciated, and thus, he is known to be one of the best onco-surgeons in the country.
Known for his surgical skills, Dr. Harit Chaturvedi is closely associated with the improvement of cancer procedures in India to make it affordable for everyone. His special interests lie in the surgical removal of cancer in the head and neck, breasts, thyroid, GI, abdominal and urological regions. He is an expert in using radiofrequency ablation and robotic procedures during surgery. He has performed live surgeries in surgical workshops as well.
Dr. Harit Chaturvedi’s motive behind spreading cancer awareness has led him to join various cancer foundations. He has been actively involved in the awareness campaigns against Tobacco since the last 15 years. He focuses on providing cancer care which he does through initiatives like the Virtual Tumor Boards and workshops set up in all the Max centres.
Dr. Chaturvedi has a large hand in making the Department of Oncology at Max Healthcare a well-known name all over the world. His love for his work can be seen in his publications and scientific presentations covering both national and international platform.
- Chairman, Cancer Care and Director and Chief Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Max Super
- Speciality Hospital, Saket and Patparganj and Max Institute of Cancer Care, Lajpat Nagar, 2009-Present
- Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, 2004-2009
- Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2000-2004
- Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Batra Hospital, 1995-1999
- MBBS, L.P.S Institute of Cardiology, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, 1986
- MS, General Surgery, L.P.S Institute of Cardiology, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, 1989
- MCh, Surgical Oncology, Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, 1992
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Delhi Medical Association
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncologists, President-Elect
- Indian Society of Oncology, Former President
- Core Cancer Foundation, Founder President
- Oncology Forum, President
Awards and Recognition
- Young Scientist Award, Indian Society of Oncology, 1993
- In-charge, Oncology session, 45 th Annual Delhi State Medical Conference, 2002
- Chairman, Oncology session, DMA Annual event, 2007
- Hospital Affiliations Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Breast Reconstruction
- GI Onco surgeries
- Laparoscopic Radical Prostate Surgeries