Dr. Jamshed Dalal
MBBS, MD, DM
Director- Cardiac Sciences
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Andheri West, Mumbai
- Interventional Cardiology
Introduction of Dr. Jamshed Dalal
Dr. Jamshed Dalal is a renowned cardiologist with close to 35+ years of experience. An expert in Angioplasty, he performed his first ever procedure in 1978 in the UK. He is an apt in all the angioplasty procedures with specialities in coronary and Endovascular angioplasty, angiography, Permanent pacemaker implantation(PPI).
Having worked with some of the renowned hospitals in India, Dr Jamshed Dalal was responsible for setting up of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Hinduja Hospital in the year 1987. He also played a pioneering role in setting up the Cardiology department in Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital. He is one of the few doctors to have brought drastic changes to Angioplasty procedures in India.
One of the few doctors to have triple doctorates, Dr.Dalal, is truly one in millions. He has treated many patients with satisfactory results. He is an expert in many procedures that include coronary, cerebral, peripheral and renal angiogram, coronary and peripheral angioplasty, aortic stent grafting, biventricular pacing and various other procedures.
Dr. Dalal has been associated with Cardiac cath procedures since a long time. He has been involved in the coronary angioplasty program in India since the time it was introduced in India. He has undertaken more than 20,000 cases of angioplasty and has been teaching the procedure to cardiologists in India and Asian countries for a long time.
With a specialization in Adult Interventional Cardiology, Dr. Dalal has taken up several complex cases and treated patients with outstanding results. His articles of excellence have been published in leading newspapers all over India. He is also one of the most sought-after doctors in many international hospitals worldwide.
- Director, Cardiac Sciences, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, Present
- Co-founder, Cardiology Dept, Wockhardt Heart Hospital (now Fortis), Mumbai, 1999
- Coordinator, Cardiovascular Division, Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai, 1995-2009
- Honorary Cardiologist, Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai, 1987
- Chief Cardiologist, Holy Family Hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS, Mumbai University, 1971
- MD, General Medicine, Mumbai University, 1976
- DM, Cardiology, Mumbai University, 1977
- PhD, Cardiology, University of Wales, UK, 1981
- Doctorate in Medicine and Doctorate in Cardiology, Mumbai University
Fellowships and Membership
- Royal College of Physicians, London
- European Society of Cardiology (Fellow and Member)
- Young Researcher Award, British Cardiac Society, 1981
- Hospital Affiliations Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery/Varcose veins surgery
- Pacemakers/ AICD/CRTD
- Angioplasty Stenting/Peripheral Angioplasty
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Aortic Stent Grafting