Dr. Kaustav Talapatra
Head- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
Department- Radiation Oncology
Procedures Expertised : Image-Guided Radiotherapy, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy, Brachytherapy, Stereotactic Radiotherapy and surgery
- PET-based Radiotherapy
- Treatment and management of Head and Neck Cancers
- Gynaecological malignancies and breast cancer
- Brain, lungs and Liver cancers and tumors
- Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary and prostate malignancies
Introduction of Dr. Kaustav Talapatra
Dr. Kaustav Talapatra is a well-known Radio-oncologist in India currently practising in Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai. He has an experience of more than 15 years in the field and has treated a large number of oncology patients in his career. He has a huge contribution in setting up the Radiation Oncology Division at Kokilaben Hospital. Since its inception, this department has become of the very few centres in India to start PET-based radiation planning.
With his expertise and knowledge of Radiation Oncology, he has treated more than 7000 patients and over 1000 head and neck cancer patients using IMRT, which is till date the largest number in the country. He also holds the largest experience of PET-based radiotherapy planning and has treated over 2500 breast cancer patients along with 30 other lung stereotactic case-patients.
Dr. Kaustav works with the motive to improve the life of cancer patients with new and advanced radiation techniques. His special interest lies in the treatment of cancer patients through IMRT, IGRT and Stereotactic Radiotherapy. Therefore, he offers services related to all kinds of Head and Neck, brain, breast, lung, gastrointestinal, urological, prostate, liver and gynaecological malignancies.
For his immense knowledge and expertise, he has been invited to be a part of national and international conferences where he has presented several of his research papers. He also holds the credit of a number of publications on Radiation Oncology in medical journals worldwide.
- Head, Radiation Oncology, Kokilaben Dhirubai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, 2008- Present
- Consultant, Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Education, Fellowship and Training
- MBBS, St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- MD, Radiotherapy
- Training in Radiation Oncology, CMC Vellore
- Fellowship, International Society of Pediatric Oncology
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Hospital Affiliations Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy