Dr. Mandar Deshpande
MBBS, MS, DNB
Consultant- Kolilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
Department- Head and Neck Surgical Oncology
Procedures Expertised :
- Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy
- Thyroidectomy for benign and malignant tumors
- Post Laryngectomy Voice Rehabilitation
- Head and Neck onco surgery,
- Robotic-assisted surgeries and TransOral Robotic Surgeries,
- Laryngeal and Oral Laser surgeries, Conservative Laryngeal Surgery
- Palliative care for terminal stage patients
Introduction of Dr. Mandar Deshpande
Dr. Mandar Deshpande is a talented Head and Neck Onco Surgeon in India with over 20 years of experience in his field. He has been working with Kokilaben Hospital since 2009 during which he has performed over 2000 Head and Neck surgeries, more than 30 Robotic Head and Neck surgeries, over 100 Laryngeal and oral Laser surgeries and close to 400 Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy and Thyroidectomy for benign and malignant tumors.
Being the first surgeon in the country to perform Robotic-assisted neck dissections through a minimally invasive incision in the neck; Dr. Deshpande is also the first to perform Trans Robotic Oral Surgery for Oro-pharyngeal tumor in Mumbai. His areas of special interest include Conservative Laryngectomy with minimal morbidity, treatment of benign and malignant thyroid and parotid tumors as well as Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy for Geriatric patients with co-morbidity.
Dr. Mandar Deshpande has also been a part of Tata Memorial Hospital for over a decade. He carries with him years of experience and knowledge in the field of Head and Neck Onco-surgery. He also carries out diagnostic procedures such as scopy and biopsy and is also involved in the counselling of cancer patients as well.
Dr. Deshpande has been invited as a speaker at various national and international conferences. He has close to 60 publications in indexed journals and has also authored chapters in academic textbooks.
- Consultant, Head and Neck Onco-surgery, Kolilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, 2009-Present
- Associate Professor, Head and Neck Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2002-2009
- Assistant Professor, Head and Neck Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 1996-2002
Education and Training
- MBBS, MS, DNB
- Training in Robotic Head and Neck Surgery, Korea
- Hospital Affiliations Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgery
- Robotic Head & Neck Surgeries
- Post Laryngectomy Voice Rehabiliation