Dr. Mehul S. Bhansali
MBBS, MS, DNB
Consultant- Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai
Department- Surgical Oncology
Procedures Expertised :
Surgery for Head and Neck cancers, Gastrointestinal cancers, Breast cancer, Gynecological cancers, Robotic cancer surgeries
Introduction of Dr. Mehul S. Bhansali
Dr. Mehul S. Bhansali is a famous surgical oncologist in Mumbai with specialized skills and expertise of performing surgeries for various types of cancers. His focus primarily lies on head and neck cancers and gastrointestinal cancers but also finds interest in the treatment of breast cancer and gynecological cancers. With specialized training in oncology surgery from the prestigious Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, he gained expertise and extensive experience in performing various oncology surgeries.
Dr. Mehul S. Bhansali has handled various cases of cancer patients in his career experience of 27 years. He received his surgical oncology trainings from prestigious institutes in India, Japan and Hong Kong among other countries and has held office at major cancer hospitals in India. He holds fellowships in the management and treatment of esophageal cancers and GI cancers and has helped numerous patients to live a cancer-free life.
He performed surgeries on patients with gallbladder cancer, liver cancer, pancreas cancer, stomach cancer, small intestine cancer and colorectal cancers- rectum, anus, colon.
Gynecological cancers that include ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, peritoneal cancer, endometrial cancer, vulvar cancer, etc have been treated by him. He has also performed
numerous breast cancer surgeries that involved both breast conserving as well as breast removal surgeries to save the patient from the deadly disease.
Dr. Bhansali has numerous publications to his credit in renowned national and international peer reviewed journals and has also authored various text books chapters on oncology. He has attended various seminars and conferences both in India and foreign countries and presented his papers and shared his knowledge on various types of cancers and how they can be fought. A member of various cancer associations, Dr. Bhansali has won several awards and accolades for his techniques and his contributions towards making India one of the best countries in the world for the treatment of cancer.
Work Experience of Dr. Mehul S. Bhansali
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai, Present
- Director, Surgical Oncology, Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai
- Honorary Professor, Surgical Oncology, Cama and Albless Hospital, Mumbai
Education of Dr. Mehul S. Bhansali
- MBBS, Seth G. S. Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai, 1982
- MS, General Surgery, Seth G. S. Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai, 1987
- DNB, Surgical Oncology, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 1990
Fellowships and trainings
- Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Esophageal Cancer, Kurume University School of Medicine, Japan
- Esophageal and Gastro-intestinal Surgery, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Mumbai Oncology Association, Office bearer
Awards and recognitions
- S R Joglekar Gold Medal, Best Scientific Article, 1993
- C V Menon Gold Medal, Best Scientific Article, 1994
- Hospital Affiliations
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Breast Surgery
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgery
- Robotic Cancer Surgery