Dr. Monik Mehta
MBBS, MD, DM
Interventional Cardiologist, Artemis Hospital, Sector 51, Gurugram, Haryana
- Complex coronary interventions, Transradial interventions, Paediatric
- Catheterizations and interventions, pacemaker implantations
Introduction of Dr. Monik Mehta
Dr. Monik Mehta is a well-known cardiologist in India who specializes in complex Angioplasties and implantation of heart failure devices.He has over two decades of experience in the field of cardiology during which he has performed many complicated surgeries. Known for his friendliness with patients, Dr. Mehta is an expert in Pacemaker implantation, implantation of Cardioverter-Defibrillators and performing various Cardiac invasive procedures.
Having served in the Armed forces for over 20 years, he headed the Cardiology Department of several Military Hospitals. He also has international experience having worked with the United Nations in Cambodia and also received his training from Mahidol University, Bangkok. He was also recognized for his work and service that he rendered towards running a multi-speciality hospital for 2 years in Bhutan along with the Indian Military Training Team.
He is known for his services and the complex procedures he performs. Stent surgery, congenital heart surgery, renal angioplasty, device closure of congenital heart defects, Carotid and Renal interventions, etc. are the areas of his interest.
Dr. Monik Mehta has many publications to his name wherein he has discussed his clinical focus areas that include Balloon Valvuloplasty, Radial Artery access interventions and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy implants to name a few. For his exceptional service towards cardiology, he was honored with Videsh Sewa Medal by the Government of India and also received The United Nations Medal.
- Senior Consultant, Cardiology, Artemis Hospital, Present
- Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology, Alchemist Hospital, 2010
- Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology, Metro Hospital and Heart Institute, 2009
- HOD, Cardiology- Military Hospital, Jalandhar; Army Hospital, Delhi Cantonment; AFMC Pune
- MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, 1983
- MD (General Medicine), Army Hospital, Delhi University, 1991
- DM (Cardiology), AFMC, Pune, 2003
- Association of Physicians of India
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions, USA
- Cardiological Society of India
Awards and Recognitions
- Vishwa Sewa Medal, Government of India
- The United Nations Medal, United Nations
- Hospital Affiliations Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Pacemakers/ AICD/CRTD
- Angioplasty Stenting/Peripheral Angioplasty