Dr. Prantar Chakrabarti, Hematologist
MD, DNB, DM (Clinical Hematology)
Expertise: Thalassemia, Bone Marrow Transplant, Hemopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Experience: 17+ Years
Dr. Prantar Chakrabarti is a highly experienced and renowned Clinical Hematologist. Dr. Chakrabarti is an expert in the many aspects of Clinical Hematology and has a special interest in Hemopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Thalassemia, and Translational Research.
After completing his MD in General Medicine, Dr. Chakrabarti completed his DNB in General Medicine and DM in Clinical Hematology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
He is the recipient of many national and international accolades including Royal College of Physicians International Bursary, Harold Gunson Fellowship, and Marie Curie Action Fellowship. He was the Scientific Secretary at the 51st Annual Conference of Indian Society of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine.
Dr. Chakrabarti has also received specialised training in Ethics of Human Subject Research, Biostatistics from Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, and Stem Cell Transplantation from King’s College, London.
- Member, American Society of Hematology
- Life member, Indian Society of Hematology & Blood transfusion
- Life member, Association of Physicians of India
- Life member, Indian medical Association
- Gender Male
- Hospital Affiliations Fortis Hospital Anadapur, Kolkata
- Experience / Tranining Training in Ethics of Human Subject Research, Biostatistics from Johns Hopkins University Baltimore; Stem Cell Transplantation, King’s College, London
- Medical School AIIMS
- Fellowship Royal College of Physicians International Bursary; Harold Gunson Fellowship; and Marie Curie Action Fellowship
- Leadership Roles
- Blood Cancer treatment
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Stem Cell Transplant