Dr. Rajesh Sharma
MBBS, MS, MCh
Director- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Jaypee Hospital, Sector 128, Noida
- Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Complex Congenital Heart Diseases
Introduction of Dr. Rajesh Sharma
Dr. Rajesh Sharma is one of the most experienced pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons in India with many successful cases to his name. He specializes in both pediatric and adult cardiac surgery with special interest in complex congenital heart diseases. He is an expert in Neonatal cardiac surgery, Fontan circulation, and is apt in surgery for transposition of the great arteries.
Since the start of his career, Dr. Rajesh Sharma has performed close to 20,000 heart surgeries which include both congenital and acquired heart diseases. He is known to perform all his surgeries with utmost care and is not satisfied until the patient is completely fine. Being in the medical field for close to 30 years, Dr. Rajesh has undertaken several surgical procedures that include bypass surgery, angioplasty, aortic valve repair and replacement, mitral valve repair and various catheterization procedures as well.
Having received special training in Thoracic Ventricular Assist Device from Berkeley, Dr. Rajesh has also performed a double-switch operation for congenitally corrected transposition and biventricular repair for children with complex congenital heart diseases like CCTGA and heterotaxy. There are very few pediatric cardiac surgeons in India that are able to perform such procedures successfully, and Dr. Rajesh Sharma is one of them.
Dr. Rajesh Sharma started his career as an additional professor in AIIMS and thus has taught and trained a number of cardiologists in India. He has been a part of several hospitals all across the country and contributes a lot towards cardiac care in India. His works have also been published in many scientific and medical journals and have received immense appreciation as well.
- Director, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Jaypee Hospital, Noida, 2014-Present
- Director and Head, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, Delhi, 2007-2014
- Senior Consultant and Professor, Cardiac Surgery, Narayana Hrudalaya, Bangalore, 2001-2007
- Additional Professor, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, 1991-2001
- MBBS, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, 1982
- MS, General Surgery, AIIMS, 1986
- MCh, Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, AIIMS, 1988
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Mary Ann King Hospital for Children, Miami, 1991
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 1989
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardio-Vascular Surgery
- World Society of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
- Hospital Affiliations Jaypee Hospital, Noida
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)