Is it a heart attack which you did not recognize?
Studies show many people do not even realize they are having or just had a heart attack unless they face a sharp pain in chest or have already been diagnosed with a heart disease. But a heart attack may not necessarily come with symptoms that are commonly known to you.
Sometimes the symptoms of heart attack appear like any common ailment such as flu or indigestion, which you tend to ignore and do not seek immediate doctor’s help. This prevents early detection of any developing cardiovascular disease.
It’s important to keep tab for such symptoms as early diagnosis of cardiovascular disease can help in absolute treatment.
Let’s know some common & uncommon symptoms that tell it’s a heart attack:
Common Symptoms of heart attack
- Chest pain (angina) with feeling of extreme pressure on your chest
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness, and cold sweat
- Pain or numbness in your arms, neck, throat, jaw, back, or stomach
Heart attack with strange symptoms
- Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, cramps in stomach or vomiting
- Extreme fatigue and exhaustion
- Dizziness or lightheaded
- Swollen legs, feet, and ankles
It is easy to treat a heart disease when detected early. Do not ignore the above signs, especially if you have a family history of heart ailments, cholesterol, blood pressure problem or obesity.