Dr. Arup Ratan Dutta
MBBS, MD, DM
Consultant – Fortis Hospital, Kolkata
Department- Nephrology and Kidney Transplant
Procedures Expertised : Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis, CRRT, pre and post kidney transplant care, induction immune-suppression
Introduction of Dr. Arup Ratan Dutta
Dr. Arup Ratan Dutta is a pioneer physician in the field of Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation and currently practicing at Fortis Hospitals, Kolkata. His primary area of focus includes the improvement of dialysis techniques and is constantly working to bring in new techniques and procedures in the field. He is responsible in bringing techniques such as Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis, Plasmapheresis and CRRT in India.
With over 25 years of experience in Nephrology, Kidney transplant and dialysis, Dr. Arup Ratan Dutta has been instrumental in the growth of Hemodialysis Program and has also helped largely in establishing the HLA Typing and Cyclosporine assay techniques in Belle vue Clinic. He was the first to perform Plasmapheresis and Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy techniques in Kolkata. He is responsible for making CAPD, CAVH, CAVHD and CVVHD techniques famous in India.
Dr. Arup Ratan Dutta has immense experience in Induction immunesuppression and spousal donor transplantation. With his interest and dedication in dialysis, he has treated several patients on long-term dialysis (10-12 years).
- Consultant, Nephrology and Kidney Transplant, Fortis Hospital, Kolkata, Present
Education and Fellowship
- MD (Medicine), Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 1986
- DM (Nephrology), Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 1989
- Visiting Fellowship, Toronto Hospitals, Canada
- Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India, Founder Member and Past President
- Indian Society of Nephrology, Scientific Committee member, Secretary of Eastern Zone and Zonal Representative
- Young Asia Investigator, International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis Conference, 1998
- Hospital Affiliations Fortis Hospital Anandapur, Kolkata
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School
- Leadership Roles
- Pre & Post Kidney-Transplant Care