In this article, we have covered the following aspects of Liposuction procedure:
- Best Hospitals & Clinics for Liposuction procedure
- Top Cosmetic Surgeons expertised in Liposuction
- Cost of Liposuction Procedure
- Understanding liposuction
Best Doctors and Hospitals & clinics for Liposuction Procedure
Following is a list of the most reputed specialists in India for Liposuction.
Please click the ‘contact doctor‘ button on the right side for seeking opinion or requesting an appointment with your chosen specialist.
(*On mobile device, please click the ‘+’ symbol on the left to access the contact form)
|Doctor Image||Dr. Name||Specialty||Hospital Associated||Contact Doctor||City|
|Dr.Shuba Dharmana||Cosmetic surgeon||LeJeune Medspa||Hyderabad|
|Dr. Quazi Ahmad||Cosmetic surgeon||Kokilaben Dhirubai Ambani |
|Dr M V Naveen Reddy||Cosmetic surgeon||Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Lakadi-ka-pul||Hyderabad|
|Dr. Lokesh Kumar||Cosmetic surgeon||BLK Super Specialty Hospital||Delhi|
|Dr. Vipul Nanda||Cosmetic surgeon||Artemis Hospital||Gurgaon|
|Dr. Charu Sharma||Cosmetic surgeon||Fortis Memorial Research Institute||Gurgaon|
|Dr. Anil Behl||Cosmetic surgeon||Fortis Memorial Research Institute||Gurgaon|
|Dr. Priyadarshan K||Cosmetic surgeon||Fortis Hospital, Bannerghata||Bangalore|
|Dr. Ajay Kashyap||Cosmetic surgeon||Fortis Memorial Research Institute||Gurgaon|
|Dr. Adhishwar Sharma||Cosmetic surgeon||Paras Hospital||Gurgaon|
|Dr Selva Seetharaman S||Cosmetic surgeon||Global Hospitals||Chennai|
|Dr. (Maj Gen) Avtar Singh Bath||Cosmetic surgeon||BLK Super Specialty Hospital||Delhi|
Cost of liposuction
It is difficult to present the exact amount of liposuction procedure as it varies with patient-to-patient based on several below factors:
- Type of procedure: Advanced techniques like tumescent or laser liposuction cost more than traditional methods.
- Liposuction treatment area: Larger the treatment area or multiple areas will cost more, for example, abdomen or back liposuction will cost more than arms.
- Amount of fat removed: The liposuction cost gets higher with the increased amount of fat removed.
- Standard of the Hospital & Repute of the Specialist:
Understanding Liposuction Procedure
Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical technique done on small areas of body that would remove excess fat deposit present between skin and muscle. A small stainless steel tube, cannula, is connected to a strong suction pump and inserted into fat deposits via incisions made in the skin. The suction cannula creates tiny tunnels through the fatty layers removing the fat thus improving body curves.
Liposuction removes only localized fat deposit. You can gain weight again after liposuction as the fat can deposit in other parts of your body where liposuction is not performed. Thus, managing weight is essential after the procedure.
The growing popularity of liposuction is apparent by the fact that today it is counted among the top cosmetic surgical procedures in the world. Not only celebrities but common people both men and women prefer liposuction for fat reduction.
You may or may not be obese to undergo liposuction surgery which is an elective cosmetic surgery. It is actually an extra step towards weight loss and improving body contours, when all the non-surgical efforts like exercises and diet control fail.
If you are considering undergoing liposuction, it is essential to understand the procedure, its risks, and the expected benefits.
Few things which you should know before undergoing liposuction surgery:
- No dramatic weight loss but improved aesthetic appearance
- Fat cells are removed permanently but new fat cells may develop again in body
- Your body contour changes after liposuction will last as long as you manage your body weight
- Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity
- Liposuction does not stop aging process
- It does not remove stretch marks, cellulite, dimples, or skin surface irregularities.
Areas where liposuction are performed
Who is good candidate for liposuction
- Above 18 years of age
- You are within 30% of your ideal weight
- Good skin tone and elasticity
- Good health (should not have disease like diabetes, weak immune system etc.)
- Have deposits of fats that have failed to go through non-surgical weight loss methods
Liposuction also treats below medical conditions:
- Chronic Lymphedema by reducing severe swelling, discomfort, and pain
- Benign fatty tumors (lipomas)
- Gynecomastia by removing swelling due to fat accumulation under a man’s nipples
- Lipodystrophy syndrome by improving the patient’s appearance by even body fat distribution
- To correct abnormalities due to extreme weight loss after bariatric surgery
Types of surgical techniques used in liposuction
- Suction-assisted liposuction
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction
- Power-assisted liposuction
- Twin-cannula (assisted) liposuction
- External ultrasound-assisted liposuction
- Water-assisted liposuction
- Laser assisted
- Tumescent technique
Recovery after liposuction surgery
If the treatment area is small, it may be a day procedure, else, liposuction involves about one or two days of hospital stay. You are allowed some movement within two days of the procedure. Some amount of fever, pain, bruising or swelling may be experienced, which are care taken by your doctor. The stitches are removed within a week of liposuction. You can get back to work within 10 days of liposuction procedure but strenuous activities should be completely avoided for about four weeks.
You will also be asked to wear an elasticated support corset around the treatment area which would be worn for few weeks. It can be taken off while shower.
Note (for foreign patients):
Besides South Asian countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka), every year, India gets thousands of medical tourists from African countries- Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Ghana, Somalia,Gambia etc and Middle Eastern countries like Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Yemen etc. Hence, if you are a citizen of any of these countries, there is good likelihood that you will be meeting some fellow citizens or same language speakers in the major hospitals in India. Almost all the top hospitals have translators for people of these region. Our patient support team is also well placed to assist you.