Skull Base Surgery
In this article, we have covered the following aspects of Skull Base Surgery:
- Best Hospitals in India for Skull Base Surgery
- Top Specialists for in India for Skull Base Surgery
- Cost of Skull Base Surgery in India
- Understanding Skull Base Surgery
Best Doctors and Hospitals in India for Skull Base Surgery
Following is a list of the most reputed specialists in India for Skull Base Surgery.
Please click the ‘contact doctor‘ button on the right side for seeking opinion or requesting an appointment with your chosen specialist.
(*On mobile device, please click the ‘+’ symbol on the left to access the contact form)
|Doctor Image||Dr. Name||Specialty||Hospital Associated||Contact Doctor||City|
|Dr. M N Shankar||ENT||Fortis Malar Hospital||Chennai|
|Dr. Aru Chhabra Handa||ENT Surgeon||Medanta - The Medicity||Gurgaon|
|Dr. Anish Gupta||ENT Surgeon||Artemis Hospital||Gurgaon|
|Dr. Shashidhar TB||ENT Surgeon||Artemis Hospital||Gurgaon|
|Dr Krishna Kumar K||ENT Surgeon||Global Hospitals||Chennai|
|Dr. Vishnu Swaroop Reddy||ENT Specialist||CARE Hospitals||Hyderabad|
|Dr. Vikram M Bhardwaj||ENT Surgeon||Jaypee Hospital||Noida|
|Dr. V.C.B Kumar||ENT Surgeon||The Bangalore Hospital||Bangalore|
|Dr. Sanjiv Bhatia||ENT Surgeon||Jaypee Hospital||Noida|
Cost of Skull Base Surgery
The cost of Skull Base Surgery in India would be roughly between USD 4000-5500.
Please fill the enquiry form below with your medical reports and we will share the exact cost estimate.
Skull Base Surgery
Skull base surgery is done to remove benign and cancerous tumors using a minimally invasive endoscopic technique. It treats the places where it is difficult to reach like the underside of the brain, or the uppermost vertebrae of the spinal column. In skull base surgery instruments are inserted either through the nose or mouth or a hole made above the eyebrow. The hospital stay varies with patient. Generally it is of three-four days.
Skull Base Surgery is performed by a big team of specialists including neurosurgeons, craniofacial surgeons, ENT surgeons, and radiologists. A plastic surgeon or an ophthalmic surgeon may also be included in the team, if required.
Types of Skull Base surgery
- Endoscopic or minimally-invasive skull base surgery (does not require a large incision, done through nose, mouth or a hole made above the eyebrow)
- Traditional or open skull base surgery (may require incisions in the facial area and in the skull)
When Skull Base Surgery is required
- All types of abnormal growths, infections, tumors or cancers in and around head, neck or brain
- Cysts in the brain by birth
- Skull bones of an infant close too early affecting brain growth and the shape of the skull (Craniosynostosis)
- Arteries and veins abnormally connected to one another (Arteriovenous malformations)
Note (for foreign patients):
Besides South Asian countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka), every year, India gets thousands of medical tourists from African countries- Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Ghana, Somalia,Gambia etc and Middle Eastern countries like Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Yemen etc. Hence, if you are a citizen of any of these countries, there is good likelihood that you will be meeting some fellow citizens or same language speakers in the major hospitals in India. Almost all the top hospitals have translators for people of these region. Our patient support team is also well placed to assist you.