Top 6 Winter Snacks for Weight Loss
Its winters and you crave for snacks in between meals adding to your daily calories intake. You usually end up binging on junk, fatty, spicy and oily food. As much as you want to control body weight, you are not able to resist fried samosas, patties, hot chocolate shakes or cakes.
Even if you had a liposuction or tummy tuck surgery to reduce that extra fat in your body, a healthy and controlled diet is necessary to maintain right body weight after such weight loss procedures. Nutritionists believe snacking can maintain your energy levels but it is wise to switch to healthy snacking to meet your nutritional needs. To fulfill your cravings in between meals, eat snacks that contain minerals, vitamins and proteins which will keep you energized and active through the day. Healthy snacking can also control your calorie intake.
Citrus fruits, nuts, dry fruits, legumes like peas, beans, soya beans, oats, veggies are winter favorite foods to meet body nutrient needs. They control body weight gain and can keep you away from binging.
Here are some healthy snacks ideas for you that will help you lose weight and prevent binge eating.
1. Lentil salad with tomatoes and watercress – Salads make a great afternoon snack. Lentils with plenty of carrots and tomatoes sprinkled with herbs is a combination to go for.
2. Apple & tomato salad – An a apple a day not only keeps a doctor away but it also helps to sustain your energy level. Combined with tomato and seasoned with herbs, salt and lemon keeps your hunger at halt for more than couple of hours. Apple and tomatoes boost immune system, help in weight loss, have anti-aging benefits apart from several other health advantages.
3. Oat snacks – Oats are great source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. They have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease. You can try over tasty oats dosa, upma, idli etc. for snacks in between meals.
4. Shrimp stack – You can steam some pre-cooked shrimp and top it with herbs, yoghurt, salt, and lemon. Shrimp stack is not only satisfying but low in calories and fat.
5. Veggie tostada – Simple black beans and veggies are easy and quick healthy meal. Tostada is filled with fiber and unsaturated fats that aid digestion and keep heart healthy.
6. Spinach Couscous Salad – Fresh spinach, sliced red grapes, cheese crumbles, pecans and olive oil for dressing make an interesting snack.
So make smart choices to fulfill your winter food cravings without gaining weight and staying healthy too.