Dr. Jyoti Wadhwa, Medical Oncologist & Hematologist, Gurgaon
Dr. Jyoti Wadhwa, Medical Oncologist & Hematologist
MBBS, MD, DM
Expertise: Haematology , Bone Marrow Transplant, lung cancer, head & neck cancers, brain tumors, breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancers
Experience: 26+ years
Dr. Jyoti Wadhwa is a bright and dynamic, internationally trained and experienced medical oncologist. She has been trained at the premiere institutes of India and abroad. She did her MD in Internal Medicine and DM (post doc fellowship) in Medical Oncology from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. She had been an Assistant Professor of Medical Oncology at the Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital at AIIMS. She received clinical training in Hematological Malignancies including Stem Cell Transplant, at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK as a Commonwealth Scholar. She served the National Academy of Medical Sciences, India as its Deputy Secretary. She also obtained Commonwealth Scholarship from Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK.
Dr. Wadhwa also authored a book on breast cancer. She has to her credit many other publications in national & international journals of repute. She is currently the Associate Director of Medical Oncology and Hemato Oncology at the Medanta Cancer Institute, Medanta-The Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon.
Awards & Recognitions
- Sir Shriram Memorial Award by the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) - 2008 For best published work on Community Medicine (Community Health), Medical Education ; for her book on breast cancer
- Commonwealth Scholarship by the Commonwealth Commission - 2000 Clinical training in Hematological Malignancies including stem cell transplant
- CSIR Full Travel Grant by the Council for Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi - 1999 For presenting papers at VII International Multiple Myeloma Workshop at Stockholm, Sweden
- MMRF Travel Grant by the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, USA - 1999 For presenting papers at VII International Multiple Myeloma Workshop at Stockholm
- Lady Willingdon Gold Medal by LHMC, University of Delhi - 1991 First position in Preventive & Social Medicine