Dr. Vanita Arora, Electrophysiologist and Interventional Cardiologist, Delhi
Dr. Vanita Arora
MBBS, MD, DNB
Associate Director and Head – Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab and Arrhythmia Services,
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket and Patparganj
- Cardiac Electrophysiology and Interventional Cardiologist
Introduction of Dr. Vanita Arora
Dr. Vanita Arora is a renowned Consultant Cardiologist who specializes in interventional cardiology. She has been in the medical profession for over 20 years now and has made astounding contributions as well. In her career, she has performed several implantation surgeries that include Radiofrequency Ablations, Biventricular pacemaker implantations and permanent pacemaker implantations.
Dr. Arora has been a prominent part of the team that started the 3D mapping program in Escorts Heart Institute. She has independently handled several complex heart cases and at the same time performed several 3D mapping Radiofrequency Ablation of the Complex Arrhythmia. Keeping her attitude for medicine and passion for learning strong, she created a place for herself in the male-dominated cardiac field. She has taken several challenges in Cardiac electrophysiology and successfully performed in every case.
Being one of the very few women in India to have mastered Electrophysiology, she has written several journals as well. She has attended several international conferences where she presented her papers and research. Her works have also been published in several national and international magazines. For her excellent contribution towards Clinical and Preventive Cardiology, she was honoured with the Bharat Ratna by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Associate Director and Head, Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab & Arrhythmia Services, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket and Patparganj, 2009-Present
- Consultant Cardiology, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, 1995-2009 KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 1994-1995
- MBBS, Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Punjab, 1990
- MD, Internal Medicine, DMCH, 1993
- DNB, Cardiology, National Board of Examinations, 2000
- International Medical Specialties Association
- Cardiology Society of India
- Indian Society Electrocardiology
- Asia Pacific Society of Cardiology
- Complex Arrhythmias, Milwaukee, USA (Fellowship)
- Biventricular Pacemaker, Magdeburg, Germany (Fellowship)
- Observership Tucson Heart Institute, USA
- Executive Member, Indian Society of Electrocardiology
- Life member, Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society
- Treasurer of Executive Committee of Indian Heart Rhythm Society
Awards and Recognitions
- Bharat Ratna, outstanding contribution in Clinical and Preventive Cardiology in the World
- Chikitsa Rattan Award, Excellence in Medical Science
- Magnanimous Award, Excellence in Cardiology
- Awarded Best Case Report in Cardiology, Cardiology Society of India
- Known for performing 2500 radiofrequency ablations, 2500 permanent pacemaker implantation, 1500 biventricular pacemaker implantations, 400 3D mapping radiofrequency ablation of the complex arrhythmia.
- Participated at the European Surgical Institute in Hamburg-Norderstedt, Germany