Dr. Viveka Kumar, Electrophysiologist and Interventional Cardiologist, Delhi
Dr. Viveka Kumar
MBBS, MD, DM
Senior Director- Cath Lab
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology
Introduction of Dr. Viveka Kumar
Dr. Viveka Kumar with his years of experience in electrophysiology procedures has made him one of the best cardiologists of India. He has performed several heart surgeries among which Rotablation, Left Main Stenting with Bifurcation Stenting, coronary and peripheral angioplasty are some of the areas of his interest.
While educating his patients about the various types of heart diseases, Dr. Viveka wants to make people aware of the possibilities. With his experience in the field of electrophysiology and angioplasty, he has been trying hard to make surgical procedures easy and affordable for the common man. He has performed close to 8000 PTCA and complex interventions and at the same time focusing on his area of expertise.
Dr. Viveka Kumar has performed various angioplasty and Balloon valvotomy procedures in his career with excellent outcomes. RF Ablation, Cryo-ablation, ICD, Pacemaker implantation, CRTD’s, coronary and peripheral angioplasty, device extraction are some of the areas where he excels. He also has the experience of teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students.
When he was getting his DNB degree, he supervised various clinical research studies. For his passion for learning and sharing knowledge, he has been invited to lecture in many medical colleges in both national and international levels. He has also acted as a guide for many aspiring medical students and trainees.
Dr. Kumar has written several articles in the famous Indian Heart Journal and is a member of the editorial board. He has even written a number of blog posts about cardiovascular diseases and the advancement in the medical world.
- Director, Cath Lab, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Present
- MBBS, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, 1989
- MD, General Medicine, IMS-BHU, 1994
- DM, Cardiology LPS Institute of Cardiology, 1999
- St. George Hospital and St. Helier Hospital, London, 2003
- American College of Cardiology
- Senior Specialist, Interventional Cardiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kerela, 1999-2003
- Southampton University Hospital, UK
- Southeast Asian Interventional Cardiology Society
- FSCAI, MHRS, FESC, FACC
- Cardiology Society of India
- Cardiology Society of Kerela and Uttar Pradesh
- Medical Council of India
- General Medical Council, UK
- Delhi Medical Council
- Editorial Board, Indian Heart Journal
Awards and recognition
- Chikitsa Ratna Award, IMA 2009
- Vidya Ratna Award, Kanpur, 2010
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Gastric Society of India
- Dr. K Sharan Cardiology Excellence Award