Dr. Praveer Aggarwal, Interventional Cardiologist, Delhi
Dr. Praveer Aggarwal
MBBS, MD, DM
Director- Interventional Cardiology
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delh
- Interventional Cardiology
Introduction of Dr. Praveer Aggarwal
Dr. Praveer Aggarwal is a well known Cardiologist practicing in Fortis Escorts. He is one of the most versatile cardiologists of the country who specializes in treating all types of blockages in the coronary artery. He uses several techniques like Rotational atherectomy, Directional atherectomy, Intravascular ultrasound, pressure wire and all types of Drug Eluting Stents in his procedures.
Dr. Praveer Aggarwal has handled many cases of acute heart attack patients by treatment with thrombectomy devices. With his team of experts, Dr. Aggarwal performs close to 3000 angiographies and interventions that also include approximately 1000 coronary interventions. He also has the experience of treating blockages in the peripheral arteries including carotids, iliacs, renals, subclavious and superficial femoral arteries. He also uses endovascular stent grafts for treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Serving as a proctor for Rotational atherectomy since the last two years, Dr. Praveer also holds various training workshops for Interventional Cardiology. For his skill and expertise in the field, he has been invited to attend several training courses around the world where Royal Perth Hospital and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire De Rouen, France are the prominent ones.
Dr. Praveer’s unique contribution to Interventional Cardiology in India is highly noteworth and appreciated. He has 20 years of experience and has made major contributions in prestigious Therapeutic conferences around the world. His work has also been published (approximately 100) in many important Medical journal both in India and abroad.
- Director, Interventional Cardiology, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Present
- Faculty, Cardiology, National Heart Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Bangladesh, Present
- Registrar, Cardiology, LPS Institute of Cardiology, Kanpur, 1991-1993
- MBBS, King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, 1986
- MD, General Medicine, King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, 1990
- DM, Cardiology, LPS Institute of Cardiology, Kanpur, 1993
- Interventional Cardiology, Royal Perth Hospital, Australia
- Interventional Cardiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire De Rouen, France
- Cardiological Society of India