Dr. Vinod Raina, Medical Oncologist, Gurgaon
Dr. Vinod Raina
MBBS, MD, DM
Executive Director, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
Department: Medical Oncology
Procedures Expertised :
Bone Marrow Transplant, Stem cell transplant, Chemotherapy
- Treatment of breast, lung, gastrointestinal cancers
- Treatment of acute and chronic leukaemia and lymphomas
Introduction of Dr. Vinod Raina
Dr. Vinod Raina is counted as one of the topmost Medical oncologists in India. With an experience of over 35 years in the field of Medical Oncology, he has performed more than 250 bone marrow transplants and several other transplants for various cancers. Along with his team of doctors in AIIMS, he has performed the most number of cancer-related transplants in India during the last decade.
With his tremendous knowledge and expertise in Medical Oncology, he has been able to perform successful procedures in many cancer patients. He has performed close to 70 allotransplant for various types of cancers. He is an expert in the treatment of cancer relating to the lung, breasts, blood (Acute and Chronic Leukemia and Lymphomas), and Gastrointestinal cancer. He is the first to perform high-dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell transplant in India.
Dr. Vinod Raina has constantly been working to provide better cancer treatment to his patients. He has done numerous research in his field and strives to make various cancer treatments accessible and beneficial for patients. He has published over 200 research papers in several journals in India and abroad. He has also been actively associated with training DM students in Medical Oncology.
- HOD and Director of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram, 2013-Present
- Professor, Medical Oncology, AIIMS, 2001-2013
- HOD, Oncology Department, AIIMS, 2007-2013
- Head, Cancer Centre, Royal Hospital, Muscat, 2001-2004
- Conducted DM course, Medical Oncology, since last 15 years
- MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Medical Oncology), All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh and London
- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Research Areas and Achievements
- Principal investigator of 50 projects in AIIMS
- Received appreciation at many national and international conferences and seminars