Dr. Gagan Gautam, Urologist, Delhi
Dr. Gagan Gautam
MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
Head- Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
Department- Uro- Oncology and Robotic Surgery
- Robotic extended pelvic lymph node dissection (bladder and prostate cancer)
- Robotic radical and partial cystectomy (bladder cancer)
- Robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection (testicular cancer)
- Robotic partial nephrectomy (kidney cancer)
- Robotic radical prostatectomy (prostate cancer)
- Robotic intracorporeal urinary diversion (bladder cancer)
Areas of expertise
- Robotic urological cancer surgery of prostate, urinary bladder and kidney cancers,
- Robotic reconstructive surgery (pyeloplasty and ureteric reimplant)
- Laparoscopic and endoscopic urological cancer surgery
Introduction of Dr. Gagan Gautam
Dr. Gagan Gautam is by far the best robotic uro-oncology surgeon in the country. With a fellowship in robotic uro-oncology, his expertise lies in the surgical treatment of patients with prostate, kidney and bladder cancers. He has performed over 700 robotic surgeries related to urinary bladder, kidney and prostate cancer. He does not just treat his patients but also provides follow up care.
Having worked at one of the leading cancer centres in the world, the University of Chicago Medical Centre, USA, Dr. Gautam has also practised at All India Institute of Medical Science, Delhi. He uses the most advanced robotic urological procedures during his surgeries that include robotic extended pelvic lymph node dissection with robotic bladder or prostate cancer surgery, robotic cystectomy with completely robotic urinary diversion for bladder cancer and robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for metastatic testicular cancer.
Dr. Gagan Gautam has helped in setting up robotic surgery procedures all over the country. He has mentored and trained robotic surgeons in institutions all over India. He has also performed a live demonstration of robotic surgery in several international and national conferences thereby training the delegates with his expertise.
Dr. Gautam believes in making cancer treatment affordable to all the patients and actively participates in campaigns and workshops to promote cancer awareness. He also provides counselling to the patients who need help in choosing cost efficient and the best treatments. He wants to make the advanced and best robotic surgery procedures available to all his patients.
Dr. Gagan Gautam is not just an expert robotic uro-oncological surgeon but also an apt in endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries for bladder, kidney and prostate tumour and cancers. His expertise can be seen in his work that includes over 75 publications in both international and national science and medical journals.
- Head, Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery, Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, 2016-Present
- Head, Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery, Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram, 2011-2016
- Uro-Surgeon, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Cancer, University of Chicago Medical Center, 2009-2011
- Consultant, Urology and Robotic Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2006-2009
Education and fellowship
- MBBS, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 1998
- MS, General Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 2002
- DNB, General Surgery, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 2002
- MCh, Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2005
- Fellowship, Robotic Urological Cancer Surgery, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, 2011
- American Urological Association
- Urological Society of India
Awards and recognitions
- Best Reviewer, Indian Journal of Urology, 2009
- Agra Urology Club Award, Best video presentation, NZUSI conference, 2008
- CKP Menon Award, Best original research presentation, USICON, 2006
- Chandigarh Prize, Best video presentation, USICON, 2006