Dr. Anurag Shrimal, Liver Transplant Surgeon, Mumbai
Dr. Anurag Shrimal
MBBS, MS, DNB
Consultant- Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai
Department- Liver Transplant and HPB surgery
Procedures Expertised :
Liver Transplantation (Living and deceased donor) and Abdominal Organ transplantation; Liver, kidney, pancreas, intestine and multi-visceral transplant surgeries
Introduction of Dr. Anurag Shrimal
Dr Anurag Shrimal is a well-known liver surgeon in India currently working at Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai. He is famous for having performed the first Composite Vascularised Liver and Posterior Rectus Sheath Allograft Transplant in the world. He has been a part of reputable hospitals in the country and contributed tremendously towards improving the Liver Transplant unit.
With over 12 years of clinical experience in the field of liver transplant and HPB surgery, Dr Shrimal has had different liver and abdomen related cases. He is highly in performing transplantation surgeries and holds the credit of taking up several complex cases as well. His expertise lies in liver, kidney, pancreas, intestine and multi-visceral transplant with specialization in pediatric liver transplant, split liver transplant from deceased donors, living donor liver transplants and Hepato-Pancreato- Biliary surgeries.
Dr. Anurag Shrimal has several distinctions to his name and Fellowships from prestigious institutes. He has presented his abstracts at professional meetings and has been highly appreciated for the same. He also has published articles in renowned journals and finds interest in academic study as well.
- Consultant, Liver Transplant and HPB surgery, Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai, 2014-Present
- Consultant, Multi-organ Transplant and HPB surgery, Apollo Health City, Hyderabad, 2014
- Associate consultant, General Surgery, PD Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Center, Mumbai, 2011
Education and Training
- MBBS, GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 2001
- MS, General Surgery, GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 2006
- DNB, General Surgery, National Board of Examinations, 2006
- Training, Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2010
- Liver Transplant and HPB Surgery, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, 2011
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Duke University, 2014
- Living Donor Liver Transplant, Asan University, Seoul, 2015
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Indian Society of Organ Transplant