Dr Dharmesh Kapoor
MBBS, MD, DM
Senior Consultant- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Ladki-ka- pul, Hyderabad
Department- Liver Transplant (Hepatology)
Procedures Expertised :
Gasteroenterologist of Living and Cadaveric Donor Liver Transplant, biopsy, polypectomy, stricture dilatation, ulcerative colitis, Diagnostic and Therapeutic ERDP
Introduction of Dr Dharmesh Kapoor
Dr Dharmesh Kapoor is a Hepatologist in Global Hospital in Hyderabad. He currently leads one of the largest Liver transplant Programs in South India. He is an expert in treatment of patients before and after liver transplants and other procedures that include variceal band litigation, management of bleeding peptic ulcer, placement of endoscopic prosthesis and sclerotherapy for esophageal varices. He also finds special interest in percutaneous catheter drainage of abscess and post operative treatment of upper and lower gastrointestinal malignancy patients.
Dr Dharmesh Kapoor has over 7 years of experience in the field of Hepatology and has treated patients with advanced and complex cases. His treatment includes Diagnostic and Therapeutic ERCP with bile duck stone extraction, pancreatic stenting and endoscopic surveillance of Barrett’s Esophagus, alcohol ablation of tumors, diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI endoscopy and treatment of other liver-related diseases.
Apart from being an experienced and highly skilled Hepatologist, Dr Dharmesh Kapoor was also an excellent student. He has received several awards as well as Gold medals during his academic career. He is a part of the largest Deceased Donor Liver Transplant Program in India. He has a keen interest in research work and has also participated in national and international medical seminars.
- Senior Consultant, Hepatology, Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Hyderabad, Present
- MBBS and MD, General Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- DM, Gastroenterology, G B Pant Hospital, Delhi
- Training, Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Indian Association of Gastroenterology
- Indian Association for Study of Liver
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
Awards and recognitions
- Nomination, Youngest Investigator Award, European Society of Study of Liver, 2001
- Winner, Penal Presentation, 2001, 41 st Annual conference, Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Dr. P N Berry Scholarship, P N Berry Trust, 2001