Dr. Mohan Keshavamurthy, Kidney Transplant Surgeon, Bangalore
Dr. Mohan Keshavamurthy
MBBS, MS, MCh
Director – Fortis Hospital, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore
Department - Urology and Transplant Surgery
Procedures Expertised :
Reconstructive Urology, Urethrotomy, Laser Urology, Surgical Uro-oncology, Radical Prostectomy and Cystectomy
Introduction of Dr. Mohan Keshavamurthy
Dr. Mohan Keshavamurthy is a leading Urology and Transplant Surgeon with an extensive expertise in Laser Urology, major uro-oncological and complex urinary tract reconstruction procedures. He holds the credit of performing more than 2500 kidney transplants, 3000 LASER TURP, 2500 laser fragmentation of kidney and uteric stones and over 75 pancreas transplants. He has a fellowship in organ transplantation from Halifax in Canada and is a skilled surgeon for redo hypospadia surgery and artificial sphincter insertion.
An expert in both adult and pediatric uro oncology procedures, Dr. Mohan Keshavamurthy finds interest in procedures like Radical Prostectomy, Buccal Mucosal Urethroplasty, Radical cystectomy with neobladder, Boari Flap, Redo Ureteric reimplantation, Partial Nephrectomy with Vascular control and Ileal Ureter. He is also highly skilled in penile lengthening procedures and has performed one of the largest series of flexible and inflatable penile prosthesis implants in India.
Dr. Mohan Keshavamurthy has been serving in the field of Urology and Kidney Transplant for over 25 years. He is one of the heads behind the establishment of successful kidney transplant programs in Middle East and West and East Africa. Dr. Keshavamurthy has been invited as a guest speaker in several scientific forums in more than 20 countries. He also publications in renowned peer reviewed journals.
- Director, Urology and Transplant Surgery, Fortis Hospital, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore, Present
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College and Research Centre, 1989
- MS, General Surgery, K M School of Postgraduate Studies, V S Hospital, Ahmadabad, 1993
- MCh, Urology, Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 1995
- Urogynae-Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Solid Organ Transplantation, QE II HSX, Halifax, Canada
- American Society of Transplantation
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Travelling Fellowship, Bombay Urological Society
- Karnataka Medical Council