Dr. Saurabh Pokhariyal, Nephrologist, Gurgaon
Dr. Saurabh Pokhariyal
MBBS, MD, DM, DNB
Director and HOD- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Department- Nephrology and Kidney Transplant
Procedures Expertised :
Kidney Biopsy, Dialysis access insertion, critical care nephrology, renal replacement therapy
Introduction of Dr. Saurabh Pokhariyal
Dr. Saurabh Pokhariyal is one of the renowned Nephrologists of India. He has been in the field of Nephrology and Transplant medicine for close to 20 years. He has played a pioneering role in setting up the Nephrology and Renal Transplant Medicine department at established hospitals in Delhi and NCR. He has served in Medanta –The Medicity and Fortis Healthcare before joining FMRI and has also set up world class Dialysis Units in all these centers.
With a Fellowship in Nephrology and Renal Transplant from University of Toronto in Canada, Dr. Pokhariyal has treated many patients with pre and post-operative care. He also has a vivid interest in ABO-incompatible transplants and critical care Nephrology and FMRI is the only institute that handles such cases. His other area of interest includes treatment of primary glomerular diseases.
Dr. Saurabh Pokhariyal experience and expertise in Nephrology and Renal Transplants can be seen in his various research works. His articles have been published in medical journals around the world and can also be found in several book chapters. He is closely associated with clinical trials and strives to constantly improve the medication techniques of both adult and pediatric transplant patients.
- Director and HOD, Nephrology and Kidney Transplant, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, 2013-Present
- Senior Consultant and Associate Director, Nephrology and Kidney Transplant, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon, 2010-2013
- Consultant, Nephrology, Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, 2006-2010
- Assistant Professor, Nephrology, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, 2001-2002
- MBBS, Kanpur University, 1992
- MD (General Medicine), Kanpur University, 1996
- DM, Nephrology and Renal Transplant, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, 2000
- DNB, Nephrology, National Board of Examinations
- Fellowship, Nephrology and Renal Transplant, University of Toronto, Canada
- Indian Society of Nephrology