Dr. Anirban Deep Banerjee, Neurosurgeon, Gurgaon
Dr. Anirban Deep Banerjee
Senior Consultant- Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon
Department- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
Procedures Expertised :
Neuro-modulation surgery, Stereotactic neurosurgery, Skull-base surgery, Functional neurosurgery, Brain stimulation surgery
A pioneer in the field of Neurosurgery, Dr. Anirban Deep Banerjee is highly experienced in Stereotactic and Functional neurosurgical procedures. He has keen interest in post head injury, spinal cord injury and stroke ; Primary brain tumor Glioma which includes astrocytoma, meningioma, schwannoma, medulloblastoma and spongioblastoma and intractable movement disorders like Dystonia, Parkinson’s disease and Essential Tremor.
With experience of more than 400 neuro-modulation surgeries and over 150 Deep Brain Stimulation surgeries, Dr. Anirban Deep Banerjee has made several innovations in the field of skull-base neurosurgery. He has also received several Fellowships in the same field from prestigious institutes. His other areas of interests include Colloid cyst, hematoma evacuation, pituitary disorders, cranio-vertebral junction surgery, kyphosis and scoliosis correction surgery, cervical, lumbar and thoracic surgery, chronic subdural empyema, depressed skull fracture, intra-cranial abscess and various other brain and spinal disorders.
Dr. Anirban Deep Banerjee is an active researcher and has a number of published articles in and abstracts in peer-reviewed journals to his credit. He has also authored chapters in several medical textbooks. For his expertise and years of experience in the field of Neurology, Dr. Banerjee is invited to international and national scientific conferences as a guest speaker as well as to present his findings.
- Senior Consultant, Neurosurgery and Spin surgery, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Consultant, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
- MBBS, Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, 2002
- MCh, Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, 2008
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, Skull base neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Centre, USA, 2010
- Clinical Fellowship, Skull base and Complex Vascular Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Centre, USA, 2011
- Clinical Fellowship, Functional and Restorative Neurosurgery, Centre for Neurological
- Restoration, Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, 2012
- Neurological Society of India
- Medical Council of India
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- United States Medical Licensing Examination, Step 3, Maryland
Awards and Achievements
- Head of the first advanced Movement Disorder Clinic in Eastern India