Dr Madhusudan H V
Chief and HOD- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore
Department- Neurosurgery and Spine surgery
Procedures Expertised :
Minimal Access spinal surgery, tumor removal surgery, device implantations, micro neurosurgery, Endoscopic neurosurgery
Introduction of Dr Madhusudan H V
Dr Madhusudan H V is a leading neurosurgeon of India with specialization in Neuro oncology, Gamma Knife Radiosurgery and Functional Neurosurgery. He has performed more than 6000 brain and spine surgeries till date with excellent outcomes. Dr Madhusudan finds his expertise in Minimal access neurosurgery, removing tumor of the brain and spine and device implantations. He is the first surgeon in Karnataka to perform the lumbar disc replacement as well as the Interspinous device implantation in 2006.
With over 22 years of neurosurgical experience, Dr Madhusudan H V is an expert in micro neurosurgery, endoscopic neurosurgery and frameless navigation. He is also well trained in spinal surgeries and finds interest in minimal access spinal surgeries and spinal instrumentation. He is credit with the establishment of department of Neurosciences in Narayana Hrudalaya in Bangalore and headed the department for more than 2 years.
Dr Madhusudan H V has made huge contributions towards neurosurgery and neurosciences in India. His dedication earned him the Fellowships of prestigious institutes in the medical world and he is counted upon the top neurosurgeons in the country. His work has been appreciated both in India and abroad and has earned him several awards and recognitions as well.
- Chief and HOD, Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore, Present
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bangalore
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Narayana Hrudalaya, Bangalore
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Hosmat Hospital, Bangalore
- Faculty, Neurosurgery, Sri Satya Institute of Higher Medical Studies, Bangalore
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, 1995
- MCh, Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, 2000
- Certificate course, Education Commission for Foreign Medical Students- United States Medical Licensing Examination
- Spinal Surgery, Arizona, USA, 2001
- Neuro oncology, Functional Neurosurgery and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, University of Buffalo, 2002
- Awards and recognition for outstanding service and contribution towards Neurosurgery and Neurosciences:
- Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award, 2004
- Parimala Award, 2012