Dr Praveen K S
MBBS, MS, DNB, MCh
Senior Consultant- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore
Neurosurgery and Spine surgery
Neurovascular surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Minimally Invasive neurosurgery, Complex instrumentation neurosurgery, Neuro-oncology
Dr Praveen K S is a leading and one of the best neurosurgeons in the country. An expert in managing neurosurgical cases, he finds interest in Pediatric Neurosurgery, Aneurysms, Neuro- Trauma, Neuro Oncology, Neuro Endoscopy and all kinds of spinal disorders. He has preformed over 4000 neurosurgeries that include microsurgical clipping of aneurysms, brain and spinal tumors, complex head injuries, microdiscectomy for lumbar and cervical spine, peripheral nerve decompression and extradural, intradural and extramedullary tumor removal surgeries.
With over a decade of experience, Dr Praveen K S can perform all types of complex neurosurgical procedures with ease. While pursuing his MCh from NIMHANS, Bangalore, Dr. Praveen has taken up over 600 cases related to Vascular Endoscopy for ETVs, septostomy, colloid cyst excision and removal of intraventricular parasitic cyst. He also assisted in Endoscopic CSF leak repairs and endoscopic endonasal pituitary tumor excision. Dr Praveen K S has expertise in a long list of neurosurgical procedures where he has independently operated as well as assisted other neurosurgeons during the operations.
Dr Praveen K S is one of the few doctors in India to have immense expertise in Pediatric Neurosurgery. He has independently taken up several complex cases relating to brain and spinal disorders in pediatric patients and performed with excellent results. Dr Praveen regularly sets up camps and workshops in various districts of Karnataka. He is closely associated with research activities and has attended various national and international conferences and CMEs all over the world where he has presented his papers based on neurosurgery.
Work experience of Dr Praveen K S
- Senior Consultant, Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore, 2017- Present
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Bangalore, 2015- 2017
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore, 2013-2015
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai, 2010-2011
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Vikram Hospital Private Limited, Mysore, 2009-2010
- Consultant, Neurosurgery, Private, 2008-2009, Mysore
Education and Fellowships of Dr Praveen K S
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, 2000
- MS, General Surgery, Stanley Medical College, Chennai, 2004
- DNB, General Surgery, National Board of examinations, New Delhi, 2004
- MCh, Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, 2004- 2008
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery, Diakonie Klinikum, University of Tubingen, Stuttgart, 2015
- Neurological Society of India
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Bangalore Neurological Society