Senior Consultant- The Bangalore Hospital, Bangalore, Karnataka
Department- General Surgery
Laparoscopy Surgery for Hernia and ovarian cysts, Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Hysterectomy, Nephrectomy, liver biopsy
Introduction of Dr.K.R.Srimurthy
Dr.K.R.Srimurthy is a renowned General surgeon specializing in laparoscopic surgeries and Pediatric surgeries. He is one of the senior most surgeons in The Bangalore Hospital and highly trained and experienced in all kinds of surgical procedures. He is known his expertise in dealing with Pediatric surgeries and has performed a large number of GI, hernia, colorectal and Genitourinary surgeries in infants and children. His other areas of interest include Hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery, endocrine surgery, thyroid surgery, biopsy and surgery through minimally invasive procedures.
Dr.K.R.Srimurthy has an experience of over 4 decades in the field of Laparoscopic and Pediatric surgery and has performed over 5000 open and laparoscopic surgeries. He is an expert surgeon in colectomy, splenectomy, adrenalectomy and hysterectomy and with his team of doctors has handled several advanced and complex cases. He has been with The Bangalore Hospital for a long time and has played a pioneering role in making it one of the best institutes for training post graduates in surgery.
One of the most recommended Pediatric surgeons in South India; Dr.K.R.Srimurthy is also the member of numerous medical societies. He is also involved in research since a long time and has presented his papers on national and international forums. His techniques and procedures are also standard and up to date and his works can be found in renowned Indian and foreign medical journals.
Work Experience of Dr.K.R.Srimurthy
- Senior Consultant, Pediatric and General Surgery, The Bangalore Hospital, Bangalore
- Senior Consultant, Pediatric Surgery, Cloudnine Hospital, Bangalore
Education of Dr.K.R.Srimurthy
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, 1964
- FRCS, Laparoscopic and Pediatric surgery, Royal College of Surgeons, London, 1969
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Laparoscopic Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
- Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons
- Bangalore Surgical Society