Dr Yuvaraja T.B
MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
Consultant- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Uro Oncology (Surgical Oncology)
: Robotic and Minimal Access Uro-Oncology Surgeries
Areas of expertise:
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
- Robotic, Laparoscopic and Open Radical and Partial Nephrectomy
- Robotic Radical Cystectomy and Intracorporeal Urinary Diversion Surgery
- Management and treatment of cancer of penis, prostate, kidney, bladder and other types of urological cancer
Dr. Yuvaraja T.B is a highly qualified Uro-oncology surgeon presently serving as a Consultant in Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai. He has performed more than 1800 uro-onco surgeries along with over 400 Robotic Radical Prostatectomy, more than 450 Radical and Partial Nephrectomy by Robotic, Laparoscopic and Open Radical procedures, 130 surgeries for removal of the cancerous Urinary bladder (Radical Cystectomy) and more than 150 cancer penis surgeries.
Dr. Yuvaraja T.B has performed over 1500 complex Uro-oncology surgeries that included 500 robotic surgeries with excellent outcomes since the time he joined Kokilaben Hospital. With his team of surgeons, he has taken up several risky cases and delivered successful results. He also played an important role in setting up the Robotic Surgery Program in 2012.
He is known to perform the largest number of Robotic Radical Cystectomies and Intracorporeal Urinary Diversion surgeries in India. His special interest lies in the treatment of Cancer Penis and Testis and therefore has treated over 150 patients with such cases. With years of experience in the field of Uro-oncology, Dr. Yuvaraja is one of the few uro- oncology surgeons in India to master the field. He has been a principal investigator in two important Clinical Trials related to the role of therapeutic and prophylactic groin node dissection in clinically N 0 stage of Cancer Penis cases. He has also been a co-investigator in
11 basic and advanced clinical trials.
Dr. Yuvaraja T.B is closely associated with the American Urology Association where he has presented several papers from his research. His work, Robotic Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection for Cancer Penis was greatly appreciated at the Annual Conference of the American Urology Association, 2013. He was also one of the 20 members of the International Consultation on Urological Diseases that creates awareness about Penile Cancer. He also has 13 research projects and 30 publications in world-renowned journals.
Work Experience of Dr Yuvaraja T.B
- Consultant, Uro-oncological Surgery, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, 2008 - present
- Associate Professor and Consultant, Uro-Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2001 - 2008
Education of Dr Yuvaraja T.B
- MBBS and MS (General Surgery), Mysore University, Mysore
- MCh (Urology) and DNB (Urology), Sir JJ Hospital and Grant Medical College, Mumbai
Fellowships of Dr Yuvaraja T.B
- Uro-oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Chakraborty, Robotic Surgery, Indian American Urological Association, University of Texas Health Sciences Centre, USA
- Detroit, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, USA
- Hargobind, University of Texas Health Science Centre, USA
- Visiting Fellowship, Indiana University, USA
- Visiting Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, USA
Achievements and Recognitions
- Associate Editor, Indian Journal of Urology
- Published articles- 28 in international, 26 in national journals, 2 book chapters
- Invited as Panelists and Lecturer over 150 times in various scientific conferences
- Presented papers in 18 international and 88 national meetings