Dr Padmapriya Vivek
MBBS, MS, DRM
HOD- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Perumbakkam, Chennai
Department- Gynecology and Obstetrics
Procedures Expertised :
Surgeries for high risk pregnancy, Fertility procedures- IVF, IUI, ICSI, vaginal delivery after C- section, Natural birthing
Introduction of Dr Padmapriya Vivek
Dr Padmapriya Vivek is an expert Gynecologist and Obstetrician with over 15 years of experience in all kinds of Gynecology and Obstetrics related issues. She is also a leading doctor in South India for the treatment of fertility related problems and is highly experienced in all the procedures such as IVF, IUI and ICSI. She is known for her skills in handling high risk pregnancies that includes vaginal birth after C- section and delivery in patients with diabetes and hypertension.
Presently working at Global Hospitals in Chennai, Dr Padmapriya Vivek has a Diploma in Reproductive Medicine which she acquired from Germany. She is highly experienced in all kinds of gynecology problems and also in Laparoscopic surgeries related to the same field. She has handled over 10,000 child births individually of which 90% normal deliveries have been done successfully. Her dedication to her work could be seen by the effort she put up during the 2015 Chennai floods where she delivered 17 healthy babies and worked non-stop for 90 hours.
Dr Padmapriya Vivek is famously known for her proficiency in natural birthing and painless normal delivery. She also provides prenatal counseling and makes sure all her patients are safe both before and after the procedures. She is also an expert in several other procedures that include Dilation and Curettage (D & C), Hymenoplasty, removal of cysts from the ovaries, ovarian cancer and other kinds of treatment and surgery for gynecological and Obstetrics disorders.
Work Experience of Dr Padmapriya Vivek
- HOD, Gynecology, Obstetrics and Fertility, Gleneagles Global Hospital, Perumbakkam, Chennai, Present
- Consultant, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Apollo Medical Centre, Karapakkam, Chennai
- Consultant, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Maternia Women’s Health and Fertility Centre, Sholinganallur, Chennai
Education of Dr Padmapriya Vivek
- MBBS, Rajiv Gandhi University of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, 2001
- MS, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rajiv Gandhi University of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, 2006
- Diploma in Reproductive Medicine, International School of Medicine, Kiel- Gottingen, Germany, 2016
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynecology Societies of India