Dr. Sumit Singh, Neurologist, Gurgaon
Dr. Sumit Singh
MBBS, MD, DM
Director- Artemis Hospital, Sector 51, Gurgaon
Procedures Expertised :
Headache Management, Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis, Movement disorders, Myasthenia gravis, Injections for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Introduction of Dr. Sumit Singh
Dr. Sumit Singh is a leading Neurologist in India with specialization in headache and movement disorders. He was the first in India to introduce Botulinium toxin for headache in 2002 and further used it to treat trigeminal neuralgia patients. He has the best experience in treating and managing Deep Brain Stimulation surgery patients and is an expert in the planning and management of Parkinson’s disease along with providing the best treatments for neuromuscular disorders. He is among the few neurologists of the country to use Botox injections for treating Writer’s cramp, hemifacial spasm, Spasmodic torticollis, blepharospasm and dystonias.
Dr. Sumit Singh has been serving in the field of Neurology for more than two decades and spends considerable time dealing with patients of Myasthenia gravis, Polymyositis, Multiple sclerosis and the use of plasma exchange protocols for such patients. Prior to joining Artemis he has also worked at AIIMS where he started the first Headache Clinic of North India and also the Neuromuscular Disorders unit to help patients with movement disorders.
Highly active in research work, Dr. Sumit Singh has done extensive research and clinical trials in Myasthenia gravis and Multiple sclerosis. He has over 100 publications in renowned peer reviewed national and international journals and has also authored several chapters in medical textbooks. He has also served as a Faculty in AIIMS and has taught and trained several under graduate and post graduate students. He is also a well known member of various medical associations.
Work Experience of Dr. Sumit Singh
- Director, Neurology, Artemis Hospital, Gurgoan, 2016- Present
- Additional Director, Neurology, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon, 2009- 2016
- Associate Professor, Neurology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2000- 2009
- MBBS, Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College, Jhansi, 1991
- MD, Medicine, Lala Lajpat Rai Medical College, Meerut, 1996
- DM, Neurology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 2000
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- International Headache Society
- Movement Disorders Society
- Delhi Neurological Association