Dr. Madhu Y C, Surgical Oncologist, Bangalore
Dr. Madhu Y C
MBBS, MS, MCh
Senior Consultant- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore
Department- Surgical Oncology
Procedures Expertised :
- Surgical management of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Thoracoscopic surgery and advanced laparoscopic surgery for lung, esophagus and gastro intestinal cancers and mediastinal tumors
- Liver cancer, Pancreatic cancer, major and supra major surgeries and resections
Introduction of Dr. Madhu Y C
Dr. Madhu Y C is a senior consultant of Surgical Oncology at BGS Global Hospital, Bangalore. He has the credit of performing more than 2000 cancer surgeries that include major and supra major surgeries as well. He is credited with removing the largest ovarian tumor (57kg) from a 58-year old woman in India. His area of special interest lies in the surgical management of complex and conservative breast cancer through oncoplastic techniques. He also finds special interest in ovarian cancer surgeries and has mastered the Sugar Baker technique and heated intra-peritoneal chemotherapy for the management of ovarian cancers.
With experience of over a decade in managing complex cancer surgeries, Dr. Madhu Y C has also received special training in advanced laparoscopic surgery and thoracoscopic onco surgery. He uses this training for performing surgeries for lung, esophagus, liver, pancreatic and various gastrointestinal cancers. He also performs surgeries for mediastinal tumors and is well trained to perform supra major surgeries for liver and pancreatic resections.
Dr. Madhu owns a super speciality degree in surgical oncology and has worked both as an onco surgeon as well as a faculty. He regularly takes part in cancer workshops and has conducted over 50 CMEs and 25 cancer detection camps to spread cancer awareness. Having a keen interest in academics, he has also written several papers and articles which are published in renowned medical journals.
Work Experience of Dr. Madhu Y C
- Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore, Present
- Associate Professor, Surgical Oncology, Raja Rajeshwari Medical College, Bangalore, 2013
- Assistant Professor, Surgical Oncology, M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, 2010- 2013
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Malnad Institute of Oncology, Shimoga, 2007- 2009
- Assistant Professor, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, 2007
- MBBS, J J M Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka, 1995
- MS, General Surgery, Government Medical College, Mysore, 2001
- MCh, Surgical Oncology, B J Medical College, Ahmedabad, 2006