Dr. K Rama Raju, Urologist, Hyderabad
Dr. K Rama Raju
MBBS, MS, MCh
Head and Senior Consultant- CARE Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
Procedures Expertised :
- Kidney Transplant, Radical and partial nephrectomy, ureteroscopy, Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP), hypospadias surgery,
- Genito-urinary surgery, pelvic lymph node dissection, bladder surgery
- Reconstructive urological surgeries- urinary incontinence, urethral strictures, pelvic trauma
Introduction of Dr. K Rama Raju
Dr. K Rama Raju is a famous and highly experienced Urologist currently practicing at CARE Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. He holds extensive experience in kidney transplant surgery along with reconstructive urology and genito urinary procedures. He was a part of the team of doctors who performed the first successful kidney swap transplant in Andhra Pradesh. His area of interest lies in Radical nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy, Hypospadias surgery, surgery for urinary incontinence, urethral strictures, bladder stones, pelvic trauma and Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP).
With an extensive experience of over 28 years, Dr. K Rama Raju holds high skills and knowledge about various types of urology procedures. He is trained to perform genito urinary surgeries as well as reconstructive surgeries. Surgery for urological cancers, pelvic lymph node dissection, urinary stones and male genital tract surgeries are done by him. He also finds interest in Andrology and provides services for the management and treatment of male infertility issues and performs surgeries to correct sexual dysfunction or for diseases affecting the penis, prostate and testes.
Dr. K Rama Raju has worked in various renowned hospitals prior to joining Care Hospitals. He has undertaken and been a part of various urological surgeries that include kidney transplant and reconstructive surgeries.
Work Experience of Dr. K Rama Raju
- Head and Senior Consultant, Urology and Transplant, CARE Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Present
- Professor, Urology, 1994- 2004 and Assistant Professor, Urology, 1983- 1991
- Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Hospital and College, Warangal
- Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Hyderabad
- Osmania Medical College and General Hospital, Hyderabad
- Registrar, Urology, Epsom General Hospital, UK, 1991- 1993
Education of Dr. K Rama Raju
- MBBS, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, 1976
- MS, General Surgery, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, 1980
- MCh, Urology, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, 1983
- Urological Society of India